8 interesting facts about Dubai

I spent a few days in Dubai last month. It was my third visit to this Emirate and I must say that the more I learn about it, the more I enjoy it. Yes, seeing such a modern, air-conditioned city in the middle of the desert is artificial, over-the-top, and a little strange. However, spending time in it with a friend who lives here allowed me to see much more of the city than just the tourist attractions and I must admit, it is a city where you could live in luxury!

What does Dubai have a reputation for?

Museum of the Future

The city of luxury is known for its high-end shopping, modern architecture, and vibrant nightlife. The Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, dominates the city’s skyline. The economy is driven by real estate and tourism and there appears to be an endless supply of innovative and extravagant projects. Because Dubai is so special, I’d like to share some facts and information with you.
Let’s start with some fascinating and bizarre facts to demonstrate how unique this city is…

It is the location of the world’s tallest building

Burj Khalifa

We’re talking about the Burj Khalifa, of course! This massive skyscraper must be mentioned whenever the Emirates is mentioned. It stands 828 meters tall, which is roughly equivalent to three Eiffel Towers stacked on top of each other. Cleaning its gleaming glass facade takes more than 36 workers and three months. This superstructure alone holds numerous world records, including the tallest building, the most stories, the highest outdoor observation deck, the highest elevator service, and many others.

Artificial Palm Islands

The Palm Islands

The Palm Islands required 94 million cubic meters of sand to build. Only 37 million cubic meters make up the Empire State Building.
In fact, the amount of rock and sand used here could be used to build a two-meter-wide (6.5-foot-wide) wall that would circle the globe three times!

Roughly 15% percent of the population is foreign

Metro – very popular transportation in the city

Around 85% of Dubai’s population is estimated to be Expatriates, with the remaining 15% being Locals. The majority of the workers who constructed hundreds of skyscrapers came from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. As a result, they now account for more than half of the city’s population. Many immigrant workers live and work in deplorable conditions, while Emiratis have their rent, education, and medical bills paid for them and upper-class foreigners earn extremely attractive salaries.

Read more: The best instagrammable cafes in Dubai.

The world’s biggest suspended Aquarium

Aquarium tank

The Aquarium Tank is the world’s largest suspended aquarium, with a capacity of 10 million litres! It is located on the Dubai Mall’s ground level. It houses the world’s largest collection of Sand Tiger Sharks. The aquarium is home to over 33,000 aquatic animals representing over 200 different species.

You pay no income tax in Dubai

The currency of the United Arab Emirates

You will not have to pay any income taxes when you make money in Dubai, in addition to a frequently very attractive salary. This draws a large number of people to Dubai with the goal of saving a significant amount of money in a short period of time. Unfortunately, spending a lot of money in Dubai is also very easy…

The Miracle Garden is the world’s largest flower garden

Dubai Miracle Garden

Are you a fan of flowers? Then you must pay a visit to the Miracle Gardens.
The Miracle Garden is enormous, spanning 72,000 square meters (780,000 square feet) and containing over 50 million flowers and 250 million plants. For flower lovers, this is one of the most fascinating facts about Dubai!

World’s biggest picture frame!

Dubai Frame

Dubai boasts of having the biggest picture frame in the world. The Dubai Frame, which is 492 feet tall, towers above the city’s skyline and is a famous tourist hotspot.

I’m sure that after knowing these facts about Dubai, you would be more excited about exploring this luxurious city and also curious to see yourselves how extravagant and lavish lives the citizens of Dubai live. So, pack your bags and book your flight ticket to explore this beauty of the Middle East.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Table of Contents

Table of Contents